Friday, April 15, 2011

50 mile 2hr 45min ride

Soooo, after consulting with my soon to be coach, Hugh, I will be heavily modifying my workout schedule. I currently am not prepared for the longer races at the college level, and I want to change that. My first workout at this level (well..sorta) was this Tuesday. I usually would be doing a ride out of Laytonsville with a group of riders, but, due to the inclement weather, I decided to go out earlier in an attempt to avoid it. In doing this, however, I had to ride by myself, thus exposing myself to the wind constantly. I started out somewhat easily, know that I couldn't push myself too hard. Anyway, fast forward to about 1.5hrs into the ride, and I hit a headwind. For any of those who ride, you know what I'm talking about. Headwinds are nasty, especially if you are by yourself, because then you don't have anyone you can hide behind to shelter from the wind. After about 30-45min of head/sidewinds, I was pretty tired, and almost ready to bail. I was able to finish the ride, but, as I was rolling into Olney, well...the rain finally got there. I was thoroughly soaked and dead tired but content that I had ridden to the best of my present ability. I avg'd 195watts for the entire ride, a decent amount, and only slightly less than I had been doing in rides of up to an hour less. I'm racing with the Cat 3 guys this Saturday at Chantilly, so that'll be fun! Race report soon!!

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment